Sunday, August 11, 2013

We love the McCrarys!


Last night we spent the night in Collierville just outside of Memphis at the home of Dave and Ashley McCrary. I love this family so much that whenever I talk about the impact they have had on my life I get choked up. Seriously. 

Todd did his medical residency at UAB in Birmingham. When we moved there our kids were 2, 3 and 5 and we didn't know a single person in town. The first Sunday after we moved there we went to church and then lunch. We didn't know our way around town but we had seen a Red Lobster so we just went there. 

To make this story very short, we saw another family at the restaurant with kids our kids' ages, and they were dressed up so I figured they they had just been to church. I told them we just moved there and we were wondering what church they went to. They told us the name of the church and then invited us over for dinner that night. They were our best friends from that day on. That cute family was the McCrarys. 

The McCrarys moved to Collierville not long after we moved back to Tulsa. When I realized we were passing through there, I thought it would make a perfect pit stop. As you saw in the last post, they made it a very special time for the boys. And they took such good care of me since I was barely getting around due to my back. 

When we woke up this morning, Ashley had made a big breakfast for us, then they sent us off with hugs and well wishes:

We checked into our hotel and went straight to Zac and Jennifer Maloy's house. It was so fun to see Jennifer and meet Zac and their two handsome sons, Ben and Jude. 

The studio is actually in the house so the guys went up there to hammer out some things with their songs and basically have a pre-recording meeting:


Jennifer made dinner for us and then the band and the Maloy kids made s'mores. 


Tomorrow the entire day is dedicated to recording the drum track, so it's Aaron's big day. Pretty exciting. 

Today my back was a smidgen better. Still uncomfortable but can get around a little better. 

I've written these last few posts on my iPhone late at night so they are not that great but I wanted to keep everyone updated on what's going on. I should have lots of free time once the guys start recording. Can't wait to see what that's like! 

No comments:

Post a Comment