Saturday, August 10, 2013

Made it to Memphis

I left this morning with Josh, Andrew B. and Aaron. Andrew E. was leaving from Florida today and we planned to get him in Memphis when our paths crossed there. We left at 9:00am exactly as we had hoped with just one little (big for me) hiccup.

This morning my back got out of whack. What was I doing to make that happen? Nothing. Except being 41 years old, I guess. Moms, if you were getting ready to leave for a week, what would you be doing the morning you left? Maybe getting every last dish in the dishwasher and and every last piece of laundry washed. So I was scooping laundry detergent out of the box. That's all. And I've barely been able to walk since then. I'm sure getting in the car to drive six hours immediately after it happened was no help either.

Here we are about to pull out of the driveway. Can you tell I can't even stand up straight?


And a car full of instruments. We had to put our bags in a luggage carrier on the top of the car which is a real drag, literally and figuratively. 



Once we got to Memphis we toured the Gibson Guitar Factory:



Then we met up with our friends at the world famous Rendezvous barbecue restaurant. 


My friend Ashley told our waiter why we were passing through town so then he wanted a picture with the band. He said he wanted them to send him a framed autographed copy of the picture; which then prompted the table of people next to us to ask how they could look them up on the Internet:


As if that didn't feel rock star enough, my friend Ashley (whose house we are staying at tonight) had called me a few days ago to ask what each person's favorite snacks and drinks are so she could have a real rock star "green room" ready for them. So, so fun. 


I think the boys are already having the time of their lives. I'm trying really hard to not let this back pain steal my joy, but I gotta tell ya, I'm pretty bummed. Please say a prayer that it will be better tomorrow!

When we get to Nashville tomorrow (Sunday) we are supposed to go straight to Zac's house for some pre-recording meetings including deciding which five songs will be on the CD. Josh wrote a new song on Thursday when he was procrastinating from doing his summer reading. When Andrew B. got to our house that evening he added some lyrics and boom, a new song is now in the running. I really like it too. Yay for summer reading being so bad it drives you to go write a song instead read your book! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment